I’m off to Algonquin Park for the summer, and I could not be more excited to get into a canoe and hang out with friends outdoors. I will not be reviewing the food, but have no fear, I take a lot of my own good food to stay happy, and avoid a lot of stuff, like marshmallows!
Thank you so much to so many for nourishing me in the past few days in Toronto. To name a few:
1. Doug McNish with his Ginseng Lemonade and Vegan mac and Cheeze
2. Luis Valenzuela for the incredible meal at Carmen
3. Carol Belmonte for the Uplifts (oh, I will miss those between now and visitor’s day!)
4. Rocco Agostino and the Pizzeria Libretto Team for my last dinner in the city
5. Bi Bim Bap for a hearty dose of veggies with hot, hot sauce!
6. Chris Wong for being the best urban farmer we could ask for and helping us grow amazing veggies – I even ate strawberries which I haven’t done in years!
8. My mom for her amazing cooking (and kale chips) and dad, and brother and sister for being fun to eat with!
That’s all for now, be back by September!