Just to be clear, to make my vegan list, it can’t just be 100% plant-based, it has to be clean food and as close to 100% organic as can be. My mom taught me to not eat fake food, and that makes sense to me! I’m also very much against GMOs – eating organic and clean ingredients helps to avoid them at all costs.
If you are vegan, demand more organic. If you aren’t vegan, try these places anyway! Being new and adventurous is always fun and good! And my first favourite musician ever, Paul McCartney, asks us all to celebrate Meatless Monday, so these places are perfect to participate easily!!
In no particular order:
1. Doug McNish’s Public Kitchen – Only open for full service for Sunday Brunch, and one dinner a month or so, so get a reservation. Otherwise, it’s pick up to eat at home, or on the go!
2. Doug McNish at Brickworks Market – the market’s only on Saturdays – see you there!
3. Live Food Bar – get a chia lemonade and a mexican layer dip with a friend!
4. Feel Good Guru – Their Eco Taco with a cinnamon bun for dessert is perfection!
5. Cruda Cafe – at St. Lawrence Market, review to come!
6. Raw Aura – It’s where I met Doug McNish originally, but haven’t been back in a long time – but writing this makes me realize that I should!
7. Rawlicious – always get a green juice. If you’ve never tried one, they look like swampwater, but taste really good!
8. Kale – really great vegan buffet and self-serve fridge, and it’s the only place that isn’t downtown, too!!
9. Hibiscus – it’s actually vegetarian, but deserves an honourable mention on this list since it’s almost totally vegan!
10. Camros – it’s also technically vegetarian, but enough incredible vegan food, that they have to be included on this list!
Please note: If you are severely allergic to nuts, do not go into these places, they all serve lots of them. Make sure to call ahead to see if they can accommodate you – I always call on behalf of my sister to make sure it’s safe (or not) for her to go somewhere so we aren’t surprised!