For those of you who read this blog or know me, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that I love going to the Veg Food Fair every year! It started tonight, and continues all weekend long, so make sure you head down to Harbourfront and check it out! Just go with an empty stomach, because there is LOTS to eat and drink and there are also so many spots to eat with your friends or family from the space around the mainstage to picnic tables and benches along the water!
Please note: there’s a new area this year called the “East Side” and we need to get more people over there because it was so quiet tonight and LPK, Live on Chocolate and Tiffinday need you to get there! They are worth the walk to the other side of the building!
Also, please always ask about ingredients, because I found quite a few vendors that weren’t using organic or non-gmo ingredients, even one using canola oil.
My highlights, in no particular order:
1. Sweets from the Earth – you MUST get their new Cinnamon Bubka! It’s an entire loaf of cinnamon sugar swirled goodness! I also really enjoyed their gluten-free crispy square.
2. Daiya Cheese – how much can I thank you for all of those samples? I have been waiting to try their pizzas and new slices and cream cheese since I learned about their launch of new products back in April, and I finally got to try them, and they are delicious!
3. Rise Kombucha – their Mint Chlorophyll Kombucha is to die for, I drained my entire glass bottle of it in just a few minutes, it’s super refreshing and always hits the spot!
4. Rawfoodz – you guys are always so nice and your salad dressings top any other dressing on the market easily! (you’ll need to look for them in the tent area on the other side from where Daiya is!)
5. Green Zebra – your vegan mac and cheese really hit the spot for dinner and my dad loved his tempeh reuben and kale salad, thank you for being the only vendor upstairs that was organic (worth eating)!
Please check out some of my pictures below (I will load more on my facebook page tomorrow) because there were tons of other highlights that you shouldn’t miss! I’m just exhausted from a long day and a lot of eating, and wanted everyone to know what’s happening over the weekend in good food in Toronto!