RISE: The Better Living Expo was a weekend filled with lots of fun, healthy foods, and amazing speakers. I was lucky enough to be invited to give a presentation at the expo last fall by Shantell and Deanna, the amazing organizers of this event, and had looked forward to it since then. I am truly honoured to have been on the same schedule and stage as Anna Lappe, Mario Fiorucci, Jessie Sosnicki, Alexandra Zissu and so many others!
I hope you can watch my presentation here and share it with others, too. I would love your feedback, of course!
Here it is:
Besides my talk on Saturday, I also attended the RISE Organic Tapas Dinner. Everything was SO good! Really, EVERYTHING. I don’t think I’ve ever been anywhere especially an event where I can and want to eat EVERYTHING! 100% Organic made by Toronto’s best! We need more of these kinds of events! You can check out the full menu here and can see my pictures below. Thank you to Chef Bashir, Chef Doug McNish, Magic Oven, Good Food for Good, Tori’s Bakeshop, Sweets from the Earth and Coconut Bliss for the Ice Cream Sandwiches, RawFoodz and Young Urban Farmers for that incredible salad made together, Pyramid Ferments for the Kombucha, and Healthy Butcher for a beautiful plating, even on a compostable plate! You all fed me well, and I’m just happy even thinking about it!
Other highlights from the weekend included (but were not limited to), pictures of some below:
- Frozen Avocado Pops from Live on Chocolate
- Choco Maca Milk from Greenhouse Juice Co.
- Everything from Tori’s Bakeshop, especially their savoury scones
- All dips and spreads from Good Food for Good
- Free samples of Coconut Bliss
- Hanging out with and getting encouragement from Erin Schrode
- Meeting Bruce Croxton from Dragon’s Den
- Learning about terroir from Brad Long on his patio at Belong Cafe at Brickworks
It’s always fun to learn more and do better, which is why I love fairs and festivals and events like this! Thanks to all of you who read my blog and encourage me to keep doing this, I really have fun and enjoy it!